The project was designed and implemented based on two main decisions. The first of these is the relations of the buildings with culture, history and geography in the context of "place", and the second is a strong infrastructure and return for an ecological, sustainable life and community. The effects of the Industrial Revolution, which evolved in the 1800s, centered in London, physically burned into cities and citizens. Row houses, exploding population and building stock, technological breakthroughs, industrialization due to serialization in production... Materials, forms and culture of that period were taken into account in order to connect the project with history. Context of the architecture of the Victorian era with today's architecture was tried to be established, and as a result, locally modest mature buildings were considered.
adapted to modern architecture. Brick was used as the material. In an ecological context, the factory chimneys of the period were used as solar collectors on the southern facades of the buildings and the integration of the "old" with the "new" was ensured. The name “Baca Town” was inspired by these phenomena. In this way, it preserved the traces and identity of its environment.
It has been tried to be integrated into this commune and serves people's activities such as sports, entertainment and information.
Fire – Acoustic – Shell – Insulation
- While forming the skeleton of light steel houses, vertical elements for insulation and brick façade cladding, it also protects from fire.
measures have been taken to protect it. 10 mm plates are mounted on the steel frame. Thus, it is aimed to extend the fire resistance period up to 2 hours. Therefore, this is enough time for even someone in the attic to leave the house during the fire.
- As acoustic comfort, the floors of the buildings are covered with 6 cm acoustic insulation material. In addition to the sound insulation, this structure is considered as extra insulation.
- The thermal value of the shell is provided by a 34 cm insulation (long facades and roof). In addition, the stairs in the housing plans
positioning it on the north-facing façade, positioning the corridor to the south, allowing air circulation to affect every part of the house.
provided. Chimneys, which act as solar collectors, contribute to the winter performance of the house, in the heat exchanger known as the heat exchanger of the building contributes to summer performance.
Sustainability [Ecology – Society – Economy]
The concept is built on three main criteria, ecology, economy and social factors. Thus, the sustainability network is integrated into the design. In this context, the community had broken the obligation to establish a single lifestyle for itself. For this purpose, a structure called sustainable living information center in the project is designed to explain how life can be maintained in this network.
- Solar panels, wind turbines, local agricultural areas, ponds, water
There are areas used for storage, areas where organic garbage is accumulated for fertilizer.
- The economic features offered to people are as follows: by encouraging cycling and reducing vehicle use over short and medium distances.
reduction, selling locally produced foods or reducing market needs, meeting the food needs of those arriving by boat, making offices and study rooms designed at home comfortable for business.
- The use of the coastline, the fact that the coastline is open to outsiders thanks to the piers it has, the vehicles are charged with electricity.
and encourage the use of electric vehicles.
- Socially: people can live together with the river thanks to rowing, there is a football school in the settlement plan due to the existence of football fields for children on the opposite side, the children's playgrounds are in the form of a tower, the warehouse structure on the riverbank and its façade allow to watch movies, the location below the main axis, pool.